Monday, July 20, 2015

It's An Unfair Fight

.....for the enemy!

"The Devil's been really fighting {insert name here}"

I HATE HATE HATE that phrase!

When you think about it... For the born-again Christian who is serving God it's no different than me getting into a fist fight with my 1 year old godson and saying "Man, he has really been beating me up! I need help fending him off!".

That sounds absurd!

Now, if I just sat there and let him slap me around... yeah it would start to hurt, but even then not badly. But it's because I LET him. The minute I take control I easily overpower him because I am stronger than he is.

It's the same thing in the Christian/Spiritual realm. Satan only beats up on us because WE allow it to happen. We can easily and in an instant take control and he has no more power over us.

The only person who truly had to battle Satan was Jesus, and because He did we don't have to.

So... stop letting him!

No comments:

Post a Comment