Tuesday, July 14, 2015

Praying For Your {future} Spouse

I got tagged in a Facebook post this morning by my best friend saying we should start praying over our husband's every day and attached was a link to this page. It is a great template to follow to pray specifically over your husband. And I'm excited to do it! Then I got to wondering if there was one for husbands to use... I found one here!

A little later I saw a post on another friend's page about his "singleness" and I commented on it. He later on texted both my husband and I and I tried to encourage him in the waiting. That also got me thinking... This is also a great template for those who are waiting for God to send their spouse their way.

My husband and I are a perfect example of "in God's time". I had just ended a going-nowhere relationship with the desire to focus on God and He was a bachelor for many years with no intention of remarrying. God brought us together at the perfect time and we've literally had a Heaven on Earth marriage.

I want to encourage you to take an active role in praying for your spouse. You have the greatest influence and know better than anyone what their needs and desires are.

Singles - While you are praying for your future spouse, ask God how you can work in this current season. What can He use you to do right now that may not be possible once you are married. Each season of life comes with it's own responsibilities and priorities. Learn what you can do now and then as life changes, seek God for a new work to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment