Wednesday, August 12, 2015

Encouragement or Scapegoat?

Matthew 18:20
      For where two or three are gathered together in my name, there am I in the midst of them.

It was mentioned the other night at church that there wasn't many people in attendance. We thought there would be more... I heard someone in the congregation say "Where two or three". It instantly struck my spirit....

I am in no way trying to diminish this statement... it is very true that it doesn't matter how little or large the gathering is... God is always there!

BUT... how many times do we use this part of scripture to just settle for what the current count is? The current state of the church?

 I feel like it's gone from a statement of encouragement and comfort to a statement settling or a scapegoat.

Even though God loves to have just you and Him time... He longs for more people to express more love and worship. He wants us to grow His Kingdom. He wants us to go out and win souls and disciple and teach them to do the same.

Yes... God is always there even if it's just you... but He doesn't want it to stay that way.

No comments:

Post a Comment