Sunday, August 16, 2015

Does the Jesus that comes out of your mouth also flow out of your spirit?

Went to the Mercy Me concert last night at the Clarksburg Amphitheater. It was a great show! Worship... Preaching... We had church! This was one of the treasures I snagged and was the first one I listened to. It is a great collection of worship songs.

I did have a startling thought last night while I worshiped. My seat was right next to my Supervisor (and friend) and all of a sudden I thought "I wonder if she is encouraged and not at all surprised by my worship or is she thinking I'm two-faced?"

Let me be clear... I do not preach one thing and live the exact opposite. But I also am aware that because she sees me every day she gets a front row seat to all sides of me. My reactions when I'm stressed, annoyed by people, in a bad mood, when I get caught up in gossip and mouthing about others. Does she see me as a Christian who still battles the flesh or does she see me as a hypocrite? What about everyone else who knows me? What do they see? Coworkers, friends, family....

Then I started to think how to combat that and fix the things I've already established. How do I reverse any of the "un-christian" things I've said or done? God said this... You can't, but you can pick up from now and make the next choice/word/action/thought good. Yes... that's exactly what I can do! What I will do! Be intentional & deliberate about what flows out of me and quick to repent when I need to.

No comments:

Post a Comment